The domestic economy has weathered a number of potential shocks throughout the first half of 2016. However, year-to-date growth in GDP, jobs and other economic indicators have been less consistent than in 2014 and 2015, with employment gains varying increasingly on a monthly basis and inflation stubbornly… Read More
Minnesota leaps five spots; now ranks as seventh top tech state
• According to Milken Institute’s State Technology and Science Index of 2016 Minnesota jumped five spots into the top ten. This move puts the state within the top ten for the first time in more than… Read More
Minneapolis-St. Paul’s manufacturing sector continues to see Y-O-Y job gains
• According to the most recent BLS estimates, manufacturing employment in the Minneapolis-St.
Paul metro has grown 2.1% since March 2016. The region has seen positive year-over-year
(YO-Y) job gains every month since 2010. March employment numbers in the manufacturing
… Read More
Branch banks: Navigating a sea of industry change To receive the full report, email the Minneapolis Tenant Representation Team
Five changes on the horizon for branch banks
1 The number of branch locations will… Read More
Western suburbs subject to worst commute increases by 2030
•Overall the Minneapolis metro has it pretty good when it comes to morning commutes. We avoided MSN’s ‘50 Worst Commutes in America’ list, however all growth comes with its share of growing pains.
•According to the Metropolitan Council,… Read More
Minnesota is the least-stressed state in the nation; work-related stress has room for improvement
• According to a recent WalletHub analysis, Minnesota’s residents are less stressed than the rest of America. Contributing factors include high median incomes, affordable housing, low divorce rates, excellent access to… Read More
Transit-adjacent development by the numbers
• As the METRO transit Southwest Light Rail (SWLRT) project nears its construction start date in Fall 2017, we are watching the Southwest suburbs and how transit-oriented development will shape its economy.
• Residential investment has been the story so far along the Blue… Read More
Average office holding period averages 6.1 years; holding length continues to decline after 2015 peak
•In the Minneapolis – St. Paul market the average holding period for office sales of at least $25 million has trended sideways with year-over-year fluctuation from 2012-2016.
•The year 2015 marked the… Read More
Despite low oil prices, the U.S. marked its fourth year as the world’s top
producer of petroleum and natural gas in 2015, accounting for over twice
the production of Saudi Arabia, according to the U.S. Energy Information
Administration (EIA). Significant supply increases in the U.S. are directly
… Read More